--------------------------------------------------------------------- From the Jason Scott / TEXTFILES.COM Printout Collection These are original linefeed printouts fed through a Optical Character Recognition system, with hand-editing done afterwards to clean issues with text rearrangement and OCR errors. The printouts are from a collection dating from 1983-1985, and were generally made on an Epson MX-80 Dot-Matrix printer connected to an IBM PC-XT. The Bulletin Board Systems and other services were located throughout the United States, and captured by Jason Scott, who can attest to their authenticity. Spelling errors, content and extraneous system information such as prompts and menu items have been left untouched. Errors and other artifacts of conversion to this format should be considered in determining the validity or historical context of statements in these printouts. Description: Luding Messages from the 1985 BBS (Minneapolis) Date: March 1985 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Luding Messages on the 1985 BBS Edited By The Slipped Disk For all. ==== Most Recent- 3/8/85 <===== Numb: 17 Subj: Ford and such... From: MAD CANADIAN Date: SAT FEB 9 11:01:52 PM What fun it is to freeze your feet off in the deep snow, for no apparent reason. Except the Minnehaha parking lot skitching, and bothering the fuckin' fuckers, was enjoyable. Did you know that Dr. Boogie's car (The BoogerMobile. How cute.) can't hold more than a 1/2 tank of gas? The gas tank has a leak. hee. Attic Man can't tell the difference between the road, and the pedestrian sidewalk. fun... MC/Thought Police Frozen Luder Numb: 18 Subj: [Glasses...] From: CAPTAIN VIDEO Date: SUN FEB 10 10:52:59 PM Well, I'm functional again...[boy was that a nasty hangover...] All I had to eat on friday was 3 white castle double-cheeseburgers and vodka with too much cranraspberry crud floating around in it. [couldn't have been the o.j...] Well, my glasses are still gone and it was phun driving to work and all around without them...next time I do this, give me a bucket and instead of screws, how 'bout Gin&Tonics? Justathought....mom wasn't reall that pissed...she was just mad that I didn't call. "How could I call, mom? I was passed out on the couch after I was carted out of one house to another..." ["you still should've called...I hope you learned something..."] Ya Cranraspberry and vodka don't mix.... -Cappie [official couch potato and chunk blower] Numb: 19 Subj: Velcom to My lude room From: GARY WINSLOW Date: MON FEB 11 12:58:24 PM A luding ve vill go a luding ve vill go.... Veil you all havve a Luding good time now.... I got the new gloves...... GREAT...ya all shoould have some...((WOW!!))...Trust me!> Luding Is GREAT (I Found A great lude pole....It's on top of the IDS....FUN!!) Numb: 20 Subj: Lude IDS? From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: MON FEB 11 5:36:54 PM Sounds like a suicide lude to me! Numb: 21 Subj: FORD.. From: DIAMOND KNIGHT Date: MON FEB 11 9:38:16 PM WELL, I FINALLY GOT TO SEE SOME LUDING IN ACTION AT THE FORD PLANT LAST WEEKEND, UNFORTUNATELY, THE FORD VAN DECIDED TO SHOW UP EARLIER THEN EXPECTED, SO WE HAD TO VACATE THE PREMISIS FAST.. AS FOR DODGERS GAS TANK, NO IT DOESN'T HAVE A LEAK AT THE HALFWAY MARK, BUT THE GAS GAGE DOESN'T GO ABOVE HALF UNLESS IT IS COMPLETELY FULL.. AND AS FOR THE GAS, NEXT TIME I'M RIDING WITH SOMEONE ELSE!! I SHOVELED $10 WORTH OF GAS MONEY INTO THAT CAR SATURDAY NIGHT! AND I DOUBT I WILL GET A CENT BACK.. OH WELL, THAT'S LIFE.. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT JTR'S NEXT PARTY.. (HOPEFULLY IN 2 WEEKS, IF IT'S GOOD SKITCHING WEATHER..) <> DIAMOND KNIGHT <> -THE LAST DIMENSION (612) 636-1618- -10 MEGZ- -MODS, MODS, MODS!- Numb: 22 Subj: lude IDS! From: GARY WINSLOW Date: FEB 13 3:54:24 PM Well.......A profesional luder has got ta do what he's got ta do My new Glove will help...(heh) At least I don't have any littel luders on the way...... well onward and upward......OFF TO THE IDS FELLOW LUDERS!! BYE. ____!____ ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I ! ! ! ! D ! A luders dream ! ! come true..... ! S ! ! ! =! != -==! !==- -=================- Numb: 23 Subj: Luding Files! From: RADIO ACTIVE Date: SAT FEB 16 12:18:46 PM Hey people! Anyone have any luding files that you could send me? If so I am interested! Especially in the rule book and more important things. Thanks! -Radioactive -Rockable Numb: 24 Subj: Intresting... From: MAD CANADIAN Date: SAT FEB 16 11:42:35 PM Luding the IDS. Hours of fun, until you double lude lash. Long way down. I wonder how much fun it would be if the Earth's gravity would suddenly be 'shut off'? Instead of going down at -9.8 m/sec^2, go at 0. Assuming that friction was negligible, Latin Appler could whiz around real fast*. whooie! looky Beav!, the MPG luding! 'I thought the MPG raised hell at hotels? Luding? It sounds like they're taking Pepper, or some illegal activity!' shut up beay. MC/Thought Police Sexcrime is fun. Numb: 25 Subj: M.C. and pepper. From: JAKE THE RIPPER Date: SUN FEB 17 3:15:55 PM M.C. got me hooked on pepper!! ARRGH! i need a grind!! ohh! The next thing we have to attempt is the: Take Pepper While Luding trick.. Can it be done? is it possible? find out next time.. (Warning, do not try this stunt at home, we are certified professionals) Just in- An overabundancy of Mac `n Don's pepper pax.. Get them while there hot... -Jake/NDC Numb: 26 Subj: Lude Saturday 2/23 From: LUCKY STAR Date: WED FEB 20 11:20:45 PM wWEeLlLl.... iI. dDUuNnNnNnNnOo!/-\! Sounds like a possible LudeSession this Saturday... Lets see some details. -Lucky (070-0118) ylleK Numb: 27 Subj: Lude Session! From: LATIN APPLER Date: THU FEB 21 1:41:04 AM Yes I think its about time we had another Lude Session this Saturday! I know we are all suffering withdrawl from the action the Luding supplies. If any of you other people want to go, just leave a mesg on thhis board saying that you are going to show up, and also give your ideas on where we should meet. Its about time I set a new world record for Max-Height! See you all later The Latin -MPG Appler Numb: 28 Subj: Ludatorium From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: THU FEB 21 7:56:14 AM I know of a possible Ludatorium, hopefully this weekend we shall hit the H & M Lude! If not we will look and maybe do some T C luding! Or whatever! ss/mpg/ludist colony elite/MCMLXXXV! Numb: 29 Subj: Lude Session From: LATIN APPLER Date: SAT FEB 23 2:39:54 AM Hope you guys have tons of fun, this Saturday. Sorry I can't make for the Lude session, I gotta do other stuff. One thing i want to hear is that R Raff breaks the old world record of 1.2 Decaludians well seeya LA/MPG Numb: 30 Subj: luding From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SAT FEB 23 9:49:08 AM Luding - tonight! Meet at Mhaha falls Sat. 23rd 9pm! Awesumticity! Numb: 31 Subj: here! From: LADY VANESSA Date: SAT FEB 23 12:09:32 PM Tonight for the luding session, the local division of the Thought Police will be there! All 6 of us will show up, as far as i know right now... let's do it! -Lady Vanessa Thought Police Numb: 32 Subj: WOWOWOw From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SUN FEB 24 1:10:43 AM H & M Lude lost! We had one a Ludesnap! So now we have had two Ludatoriums messed up! Oh well no real loss because the H & M lude is a multi - ludatorium! 6 in 1, well 5 in 1 now... We also did the Fairy Lude and the Club Lude! Club Lude was ok, and the Fairy Lude was also a multi - ludatorium but the Fairy Truck came and we left! We spotted many other Ludatoriums this week but we need more, so, fellow ludists, find some awesome ludatoriums! ss/mpg/MCMLXXX Numb: 33 Subj: Limp Lude.. From: APPLE AVENGER Date: SUN FEB 24 2:32:31 AM Yeah, That HM lude lost totally. And boy, we hit up a graval grind big time. Also, the PSA ludatorium was a real limp one, no lude lash! That sucks! -Avenger/MPG/Ludist elite Numb: 34 Subj: Anti lude rebel From: FRANK LASER Date: SUN FEB 24 12:27:31 PM Frank Laser and Mini Appler split from the lude party in search of a luditorium on foot when an unidentified sport car began to signal death. The engine revved and FL and MA both took to the streets deciding to ignore the bluff when at top speed the sports car Lunged forth nearly killing Frank Laser. The anti lude rebel is out there. If you are out luding and a car signals death, you can bet he means business. Frank Laser --------------* Numb: 35 Subj: [Thought police lost] From: CAPTAIN VIDEO Date: SUN FEB 24 6:30:56 PM We lost matt, but the thought police just plain lost.... psa lude was lousy [good location though] matt disappeared, the Ulf asked a couple of girls "drugs, huh?" [ya had to be there] I was selling stereos & t.v.s today, those white`cs had me going full power all night [whew!] Matt doesn't know what it means when someone flashes his brights and stops...Next time we bring a small ladder so we can get to the luditoriums like the bowling view egyptian apartments...[thought police don't know about this because they lost and left at what, 10:30?? bahahah] By going dry this weekend, I saved $50 dollars, which went to onyx...arg. Oh well....maybe next time the schmought flops can con momm'y into letting them out past 11 so they could do some REAL luding....heh heh heh -Cv [Missy driving a stick? Moohahaha] Numb: 36 Subj: New Ludatorium From: LATIN APPLER Date: MON FEB 25 6:05:10 AM Yes, Mini Appler and I have found the Ultimate in the Luding Sensation! This new Ludatorium will blow the pance off of the other ones. So with this new discoverment we should have an all-out masive Lude session this Saturday (30th) This Ludatorium will give a new height and dimension to the Luding sport. So put it in all your schedules to make it this Saturday. The time and place will be posted later. The Latin Appler Numb: 37 Subj: Close... From: MAD CANADIAN Date: MON FEB 25 3:08:32 PM The only thing that the Thought Police lost was their map to the Twin Cities. That's it. I still think it was funny when Attic Man backfired the engine, and we claimed it was gunshots. 'Was that a shotgun?' Was a common question from the MPG. 'Bahahahaha!'. On the way home to my house, Attic Man backfired the engine in that long tunnel on 94, by Lyndale ave. H0000ie! And did Sinbad really get pictures of the 'party` at his house? (Also, Sinbad, was it you who said that I was the craziest of the bunch?) Oh well, the wordwrap is getting slower, so to avoid being errored out, (Since they ONLY* have 10 megs.) from lack of memory, I shall stop. Big Brother will always live in the hearts of those who believe in his ways. Ronnie is still president because of him... MC/Thought Police Numb: 38 Subj: I dont know about that.... From: RIFF RAFF Date: MON FEB 25 7:33:39 PM Well, I am about to see if the awesome new Luditorium is all that the Latin Appler and Mini say it is. Tonight we do something that is unusual to say the least among Luders, that is, we are going to Lude on a Monday night! (Aaaarrgh!!). This great anomolie is necessary to further that Art of Lude. More notes as things develop.... --R. Raff Numb: 39 Subj: It was a success! From: LATIN APPLER Date: TUE FEB 26 3:20:15 AM Yes, it was a success Luding on a Monday night Tuesday morning. It was the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....but I will let his royle Raffness tell what happend, because he has such a way with words. Everyone make plans to go Luding this Saturday, it will be a total blow out! till then.................. The Latin Appler /MPG Numb: 40 Subj: Triple? From: MAD CANADIAN Date: TOE FEB 26 3:10:47 PM Is it true that some MPG type member did a triple -lude lash? (I'm sorta slow at recognizing things, like the direction that cars go on Hennipen Ave.) In other words, who busted the pole.) And why is it that everyone and their cousin is getting sick of A-Net? MC/Thought Police Numb: 41 Subj: Flags... From: DIE KATZE Date: TUE FEB 26 4:19:53 PM Got an idea.. Next time you go Luding, take the flag off of the pole and put up your own flag.. Crossbones, Lude logo, etc... -Die Katze/NDC Ps.. Could you see there eyes afterwards... Numb: 42 Subj: LODE SESSION! From: LATIN APPLER Date: WED FEB 27 3:44:08 AM Yep, Lude Session fer sure this Saturday, so hope you all can make it! I guess I'll let the Thought Police go along to, but you guys better make up a plan to stay out later then before! Better make a plan like this: Person A tells mother that he will be sleeping at Person B's house, then B tell your mother that you will be staying at A's house, then when all the Luding is done then go back home and tell mom that you couldn't sleep! Its that easy! It will be a busy night, these are some of the places we are going to hit: V.A Southdale (exellent) F.H. (Totally Bitching Rad, just like Grandma's omolets) Ford the place and the time to meet will be posted on Thursday night. The Latin Appler -MPG- Numb: 43 Subj: Too much for mortals From: RIFF RAFF Date: WED FEB 27 3:51:31 PM I can only really talk about the Monday night Lude session now without tears welling up in my eyes... It was just too great. First, we (Mini, AB, Latin & I) hit the Southdale Luditorium, do some reverse, over the fence the hard way Ludes, some other totally Rad-to-the Bone manuvers, and Mini gets us to leave literally 15 seconds before the Richfield Anti-Lude Squad arrives. It was just to perfect watching them shine the Ludepole as we are driving away in Codemobile //... It was just too perfect... Then, we cruise over to the FD Luditor ium and outwit the security to take up some awesome serious-lash Ludes. Well, we knew what we had to do to make it perfect, so we were off to the VA! At the VA, we have to outwit vicious families waiting in the lobby to get some REAL serious heigth. Latin was just too awesome when he got on a real ludepole like that. And then on the way home there was those terrible accidents with the bus stops, but we won't t alk about that!! --R. Raff Numb: 44 Subj: Appler's plan From: MAD CANADIAN Date: WED FEB 27 9:55:52 PM Sure, that sounds all fine and dandy. But what would Lady Vanessa say? `I am going to sleep over at Attic Man's house, and that's final!' Then we find her in tomorrow's trash, in 18 pieces. Sure. Uh-huh. Sure that would work Latin. Maybe we can get away with saying that we are going to Rocky Horror picture show? MC/Thought Police (Intresting. R. Raff capitalized our name. Or was it Latin? Well, at least they recognize us.) Numb: 45 Subj: Hey!! From: MAD CANADIAN Date: FRI MAR 1 3:30:13 AM How about we lude at the Northwestern Bell office up by Brookdale? It's looks real nice. heh. Call me for directions to my house, MPG members. The # I gave you is correct. MC/Thought Police Numb: 46 Subj: 2NITE From: FENRIS ULF Date: SAT MAR 2 1:54:53 PM 2NITE, SATURDAY MARCH 2ND, WE ARE. GONNA LUDE, SO PREPARE YOURSELF WITH THE PROPER LUDE WARE AND MEET AT THE FALLS AT 9:30 PM EST! PLAN TO BE OUT AS LATE AS POSSIBLE! THOUGHT POLICE! Numb: 47 Subj: No Cappie?? From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SUN MAR 3 12:02:11 PM Captain Video was not with us last evening because he was in a 5 car smash... he was not hurt but he totalled his mothers car... it wasnt his fault. It happend at Lyndale and 62nd crosstown... ss/mpg Numb: 48 Subj: Uh-huh.. From: -- ROLIC -- Date: MON MAR 4 10:5802 AM He must've overdone the luding before he went out..5 cars huh? Talk about a massive Mega-Lude-Lash.... -r Numb: 49 Subj: Wasn't Phunny... From: CAPTAIN VIDEO Date: MON MAR 4 4:42:41 PM see above. Guess who had to work on sunday, too...barely made it home, but the black bomber [the Thundermobile] snapped the alternater belt to it's parked on the even side of the street, facing the wrong way, against a fire hydrant...fuck you, dayton's....at least the academy closed for the day...and john h.- when you call me, ask for j.r., instead... Yep, schmished mom's car up pretty good. My car is the one to use now. [got the stereo in it, plus it's much* bigger...bigger than duane's...bigger than yours, fenris....heh heh you remember] next time you see a pedestrian where you ould at stuck if you stop, hit 'em. After all, it's there fault they're in your way....anyone know where I can get a couple of I beams to make bumpers for my car? [now I'm preparing for the crosstown...heh heh heh lemmee at 'em...] OH well.....been interesting watching the people with sno blowers blow all the snow on the sidewalks where people have to shovel...kill 'em all. -Cv [excuse me, but are you using that alternator belt?] Numb: 50 Subj: SPEAKING OF ALTERNATORS! From: MINI APPLER Date: TUE MAR 5 3:12:43 AM CODEMOBILE TO IS LIVING UP TO 1'S REP. YESTERDAY I DECIDED TO GET MY CAR OUT OF THE SWIFT 30 MPH PARK I DID. NOTHING SPECTACULAR MIND YOU.. JUST DECIDED TO BURY MY CAR IN A DRIFT SINCE THERE WAS NOWHERE ELSE TO PARK... ASSUMING OF COURSE THAT I COULD DIG IT OUT L8R. I ASSUMMED WRONG.. SO I WALKED HOME, WALKED BACK THERE THE NEXT DAY' DIG IT OUT, START THE CAR-- 1. BATTERY DEAD. OKAY, OKAY, CALM DOWN.. FLAG A TRUCK, PAY $5 TO GET IT JUMPED... HURRAY! I'M IN BUSSINESS! CAREFULLY BACK OUT OF THE 3' BY 1/2 BLOCK STRETCH I HAVE SHOVELD OUT... 3/4 WAY HOME WHEN--- ' 2. KER-CHUNK KER-CHUNK OKAY, OKAY, I'M MAD.. QUICKLY PULL INTO THE SUPER AMERICA, FLY INTO A "SHOVELED" PARKING SPOT.. POP THE HOOD--- 3. ALTERNATOR BELT BROKEN.. F*CK I SHOUT.. PEOPLE TURN THEIR HEADS SNICKERING AT AN OBVIOUS MPG MEMBER.. Numb: 51 Subj: INSOMNIA CONTINUED. From: MINI APPLER Date: TUE MAR 5 3:18:11 AM ...SNICKERING AT AN OBVIOUS MPG MEMBER. I THINK.. SIGH.. AT LEAST I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS RIGHT? GET PA TO BRING ME TO 1000 AUTO PARTS, GET THE FAN BELT, CRUISE TO S.A. AGAIN, GET IT ON IN 5 MINUTES.. GREAT! I'M IN BUSSINESS! START THE CAR--- 4. KER-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-WHINE. !'"&#(!"&# IT'S THE FRIGGIN BEARINGS ON MY ALTERNATOR!! CRAP..!!! $70 SHIT SHIT SHIT! OH WELL.. LIFE GOES ON.. BY THE WAY---- AFTER THE JUMPSTART, I TRY TO START THE CAR--- 2.5 WHEEAH WEEAH WEEAH... CRAP! I WAS OUT OF GAS! HAD TO WALK TO S.A. AND GET SOME & BRING IT BACK.. TODAY OBVIOUSLY LOST FOR ME... *SIGH* -DEPRESSED -MATT Numb: 52 Subj: Here's the problem From: CAPTAIN VIDEO Date: TUE MAR 5 3:57:39 PM Well, I got the original luder transport [mechanized death istelf...] in the garage, after "parking" it last night, burrying it in a snowdrift closer to the odd numbered side of the street, so they wouldn't tow it, right? The assholes didn't even plow yet when I got out there! Sheese....anyway, it was my air conditioner belt that flew off, knocking the alternator belt off [ok, so I like the cool air on windy winter days...no, actually, it wasn't on] Did minnehaha have school today? Mom made me stay home so I could shovel, and boy is I sore...Hmm...missed my ortho appt. monday, so at least another week with these stupid metal things in my mouth...Happy me, though...I get a reward for a stolen visa at work [$50 bucks! (goes straight to onyx)J Well, the black monster is still without an air conditioner belt, but it runs still...anyone have a set of tires I could "borrow"?... -Cv [You should SEE mom's car!] Numb: 53 Subj: Epidemic??? From: SIMON JESTER Date: TUE MAR 5 10:55:37 PM Hmmm... this is too hard to believe... my alternator belt broke today while I was trying to get home from school (which started two hours late). Had to call the guy from Triple A to come jump-start the car, and then right after he was out of sight, the car stopped again... What's causing all this trouble with alternator belts??? I have some theorys... 1) The Ruskies have a new virus that eats though the alternator belts on cars in America, and they're testing it out in Minnesota. 2) Same as #1, but substitute Army for Ruskies and Russia for America. 3) There are little gremlins in the cars that are wreaking havoc... 4> Ma Bell is using black magic to try and keep us from our computers... 5) I'm just paranoid. 6) It's all just a coincidence. 7) The cars are all trying to commit suicide. 8) There's a cursed bunch of alternator belts floating around... 9> etc, etc... Hmmm... makes you wonder... Simon Jester/NBC Numb: 54 Subj: Oh yeah? From: RIFF RAFF Date: WED MAR 6 7:54:21 PM You think thats bad?... Huh! I was driving along in Code1 when all of a sudden I shoot 3 pistons through the hood. Well, OK, I'm cool, but THEN as I was walking to the nearest 10K auto parts, my car gets hit by a truck carrying snow out of the city and gets buryed in 3 tons of the stuff. Well, I'm still pharmecutically mellow so I go back and take a look and wouldn't ya know it, the car gets hit by a piece of a generator from Skylab. Well, geez. I think, this is getting pretty bad, so I try to start the car. I barely escaped with my life! Right then, the car gets hit by a whole freight train carrying radioactive cow sh*t from 3-mile island. 3000 tons of the glowing dung, all over the car... Well, Gross me 0000ut!... that's just too crude for ME!... But anyway, my alternator still works in it's glowing condition... Anyone interested? -R. Raff Numb: 55 Subj: old Lude renewed From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: THU MAR 7 2:32:11 PM Well the Tribal Ludatorium may be fixed to be completely ludable! If you recall a double lude lash was preformed at this ludatorium and thus the ludatorium was bannished... well there is hope! They may put up a whole new pole! That is the rumor heard from an inside source. .(Notyet- he helped with station five if you recall.) ss Numb: 56 Subj: To the Lude Lords... From: MAJOR TOM Date: FRI MAR 8 4:54:54 PM (or whoever runs this thing...) Can luding be done by people who don't use modems? Even those who don't have computers? I'm just wondering... ]-> Major Tom ]-> Celestial Knights